History

On January 02, 1946 Alexander Wiegand and Philipp Kachel founded WIKA GmbH in Klingenberg. The initial two letters of their surnames formed the company name WIKA. In 1951 Konrad Wiegand, the son of Alexander Wiegand, took over the management of the company. A decade later, with the consolidation of the branches, the foundation stone for the present headquarters in Klingenberg was laid.

History

In 1967 Ursula Wiegand took over the control of the company from her late husband. For her exceptional achievements she received the state medal for outstanding service in 1984. In the following year she was the first woman to be chosen as the business woman of the year.

In South Africa, WIKA Instruments (Pty) Ltd was formed in August 1979 situated in Benrose, Johannesburg. In February 1993, WIKA built new premises in Denver, Johannesburg. This is still the head office of WIKA South Africa today. It is one of 9 subsidiaries in the WIKA Group that has a production facility. The factory manufactures mechanical pressure and temperature instruments, as well as RTDs and thermocouples.

WIKA Instruments (Pty) Ltd employs over 200 people and has 13 branches countrywide, as well as a subsidiary in Namibia.

WIKA Instruments is a Level 8 B-BBEE contributor.

Broschüre

WIKA-Imagebroschüre